Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pilze!


So I got into a bunch of cookie decorating blogs, and this is the result! (Sweetopia is one of them...I've got her bookmarked now.) I had a lot of fun, didn't have to buy (too many) new tools, and made a few discoveries along the way.

In case you're wondering why I chose poisonous mushrooms as a motif, they feature prominently in German kids' books' drawings, along with adorable hedgehogs and gnomes. Plus, I figured it was a simple way to start.

Notes to self:

  • Wilton's Christmas Red makes a sickly pink colour. (Thank goodness for Picnik's photo editing capabilities!)
  • I could have thinned the flow icing a wee bit more.
  • If you shake a cookie hard enough, icing will fly off (instead of settling in nicely)


P.S. Annelore, this one's for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment